Tuesday, June 17, 2008

ADELE

My apologies for not updating this blooming blog for quite sometime. People have been asking for new stuff and I haven’t gotten around to it recently. For those of you who don’t know, I just recently relocated to California to pursue my career. So far it’s been great! But for more info find my personal blog and you can read more!


So, here we go. I’ll start off with my long awaited blog about this woman. She's my new FAVORITE artist/ songwriter this year:

Introducing....


ADELE
"19"

The long awaited album finally hits the U.S. It's interesting to me to see how people react to new artists like this. There is something so unique about ADELE I can't quite put my finger on it. With the sounds of Etta James and poetic styles of Jill Scott, this is something young and old and everyone in between will love. I love seeing new artists emerge with such an unusual style and presence and knowing they're not in this business selling themselves as sex symbols and making money, they're simply in it because they heave the desire to make music and do what they love for their fans. I accidentally found ADELE on myspace back at the beginning of the year. Her album had not been released in the U.S yet, but it had just come out in the U.K. So I ordered her debut cd off of Amazon and received it a week later. I couldn't stop listening to this hidden piece of art and wonder why America hadn't caught onto it yet. Well months passed and iTunes had featured her first single, "Hometown Glory" as the "Free Single of the Week" pick. I couldn't believe it. about 2 months later, I heard her song 'Cold Shoulder' while I was standing in Old Navy. I had the biggest smile on my face. I felt like a nerd in love with somebody I couldn't have. So soon after I moved to L.A... and sure enough, I walk into Starbucks to get my frappuccino, and what do you know, ADELE was Starbucks free video Pick of the week. I was floored. Again... I had that stupid smile on my face. I was so excited. My sister and I had tickets to her opening show in LA at the Roxy to kick off her first ever US tour. It was thrilling. This beauty comes out with a blushed, full blown personality and sings her soul out. Amazing. She is just as good live as she is on her cd. Now that is a rare package right there. She's beautiful, embraces her full figure, sings her soul out, and melts all our hearts. She knows how to hit the spot.

“The whole album is about being between 18 and 19; about love, ‘Daydreamer’ is about this boy I was in love with, like proper in love with. He was bi and I couldn’t deal with that. All the things I wanted from my boyfriend, he was never going to be. I get really jealous anyway, so I couldn’t fight with girls and boys. It’s quite a sad album, [with songs about] being cheated on and not getting what you want”. ~Adele

This is by far one of the best artists from the U.K. in a while. Read more about her and check out her sites. Judge for yourself.


ADELE on myspace





No comments: