Thursday, April 17, 2008

There For Tomorrow signed.

So there's no other band I'd like to introduce first to you first than my boys from Orlando, FL. I had a rare chance to meet these guys and get to know a few of them one on one. There's no other band I have been more impressed with over the past years than There For Tomorrow. I first met Maika through a friend of mine from church back in 2006 when I lived in Orlando. I had been aware of this "up and coming" band but didn't realize how much they had grown into their own style of music until I saw them live at the Hard Rock Cafe with 9 other local bands. They blew me away. After 2 and a half years of anticipation and waiting for the right label to come along and pick them up... they FINALLY got signed to Hopeless/ SubCity Records. This Indie label has produced so many young artists to become successful for the future and also has donated their time, money, and energy to charities around the U.S. For the past 7 years they have kicked off what is called the Take Action Tour. Indeed, I say most of the rock bands I do listen to come or came from this label. I can't wait to see where they'll end up next.


"It was really hard to find a good home for our band. We had been doing it for so long by ourselves. Hopeless came to us with an honest perspective on the world, and that view is exactly how we see it. They have a whole philosophy behind their label that could make TFT feel so at home. They support the causes that me and the band fight for. We're willing to work hard and so are they. The future begins now!" – Maika {Hopeless Records News}


I have heard the stories behind the music and been blessed to have met these guys and see where their inspiration comes from. These guys are amazing and though it may not be pleasing to every ear, may you at least read some of the lyrics and see how powerful these song really are. Considering these guys just graduated High School.... They've learned a lot from life's challenges already, and express these emotions through their music. Very powerful stuff.

I can't tell you how proud I am of them. I can guarantee this; by 2009 these guys will be all over the radio, MTV, and VH1, I wouldn't be surprised if not sooner... but mark my word.... these boys are "up and rising" FAST! Check out their debut video for "Pages."


No comments: