Thursday, April 24, 2008

Henry Poole Is Here

I have to say I am truly curious and way excited about this movie. It premiered back in January at the Sundance Film Festival and surprisingly got a lot of great reviews, but bad ones too. Somehow it gravitated to the people at Overture Films because they bought out the movie and it is set to hit the big screen on July 25, 2008.

Many people think this movie was way out Sundance's element, but I have to say, there's a change coming and there are people out there that do recognize great talent and great work, not just the sex, foul language, violence, and all the other crazy things Hollywood has portrayed on screen.


I find it interesting that this film made it this far. After the Passion of the Christ movie, I wasn't sure what critics would have to say about this film. To me I find it refreshing and tasteful. Lets hope this movie will be that way after the previews.

Check it out for yourself, I'm sure this won't be the end of blahings about this movie, but as I said, I am very excited about it and can't wait to see what will be of this movie in the end.


No comments: